1.8
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Usability

I have ordered things several years ago from Newegg and disliked their shipping policies but the latest orders made me decide to not only never use them again but to also tell others of my experience.I ordered two Lenovo Y700 laptops from Newegg to save a few bucks.

I have FedEx delivery manager so I thought I would be able to customize the delivery, change the date, address, hold the package, sign online, etc. I was surprised to find that I could do none of these things! Newegg locks the shipping options to "must have signature IN PERSON upon delivery" Have a job? Tough!

I call Newegg. They say they are unable to change the shipping and blame Fed Ex and Paypal. I call FedEx and Paypal. FedEx claims the seller/shipper determines the terms, not FedEx.

Paypal also denies forcing this signature. No one will take responsibility. I at least ask Newegg customer service on two separate occasions to never send me anything via FedEx again because the local drivers are lazy POS's and don't even knock on the door. (the day of the delivery my entire family and I were home not 8 feet from the door and the driver left the sticker - no note - no bell.

The manager lied to me over the phone and said he was on the phone with the driver at the time and said he "heard him knocking.") Fed Ex is a very unreliable service in our area while USPS and UPS have no issues. So I *could* give Newegg the benefit of the doubt until my last purchase. I purchased an HP laptop via Amazon through a seller called "WaveTech, Inc." and used a credit card. No Newegg, no Paypal.

I find out that the WaveTech storefront is a literal "front" for Newegg AFTER the shipping process has begun, and you guessed it, it is through FedEx and MUST have signature in person upon delivery. I am guessing that Newegg needs a different name (or several names) to sell under because their service is so poor and their business suffers as a result. In any case, they sent me another package via FedEx with the same restrictions with no Paypal involved and FedEx (national office customer service) once again tells me the shipper determines the signature requirement. So Newegg has lied to me at least three times - twice on their BS shipping requirements and once in their dishonest storefront on Amazon.

The third laptop is supposedly to arrive tomorrow, day after Thanksgiving. I will be waiting at the door for the driver.

:) In any event, it is now my duty to write this review everywhere I am able.Newegg does not deserve anyone's business because they are dishonest.

This reviewer shared experience about problem with delivery and wants this business to "stop scamming people". This person is overall dissatisfied with Newegg. The most disappointing about several laptops at Newegg was service , but reviewer liked product. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies Amazon or Best Buy that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Newegg.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Computers category for more informed decision or compare Newegg to other companies on our site.

Comments