Purchased a refurbished ty.Over macbook a year ago, with a warranty, over 1000.00 dollars.It has been one year of complete ***.

I have had to return a non functioning computer first to newegg, then to there warranty company VT service, a total of four times. They will not give me a refund or store exchange. This company does not stand behind there product. I have been given the run around for one year.

Currently VT Services tells me I have to deal with Newegg because the computer I have does not support the apple OS Yosemite. I have to have this OS or apple will not supply their support. I will not be able to use Safari as a web browser, or have apple protection from viruses.

I calle Newegg today and they say that because I have had the computer for one year they can not do anything for me.This compuhat have ter and all the previous replacements and ones that have been sent been sent back to me, have been scratched up, internally very dirty, and with electrical tape wrapped around frayed wires.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of apple mc721ll/a macbook laptop from Newegg. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1021 and wants Newegg to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was sell defective computers. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following companies: Amazon, Best Buy or Tigerdirect. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Newegg for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Newegg?

Comments

Newegg_Support

Hello Iris-Jacobson,

Thank you for taking the time to post this and I’m truly sorry for your experience.

I understand that you have also reached out to us in various ways, and we’re currently we contacting the Extended Warranty Company to see what options are available for you and to fully understand the situation.

Know that most of our items come with a 30 return period, hence why we are unable to take back the unit for a refund or store credit.

We will contact you directly when we have more information.

-Mike (Newegg Support)

Iris-Jacobson
to Newegg_Support #1140995

As it happens the first macbook you sent me was defective and I sent it back during the first month.The subsequent one was also not reliable.

But I did keep it because I was not used to macbooks and thought it might just be my inexperience. It was not. After an intimate year getting to know the computer, I now know that the computer was in very poor condition when you sent it to me. It was very dirty inside with accumulations of dust, frayed wires with electrical tape covering the wires.

Additionally the macbook you sent was so old that it could not support any operating system that apple now supports.

Therefore I can use Safari or have the apple support from viruses and or any of their updates.Basically you sold me a piece of junk, that was obsolete.