1.9
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I ordered a $200 costume from Newegg. I received an email from them that stated: We regret to inform you that your order was auto-voided by our system because it was not shipped in a timely manner.  ?????

WHAT THE ***! I called and they said that their supplier was out of stock. That's fine, things sell, I get that. But why does it take a week for someone to realize it is out of stock?

No offer at all to send one from another supplier. They had another supplier that had one, but it was about $20 more, plus they wanted $25 for shipping. The lady offered me a $15 discount for the confusion and wouldn't even honor the 10% off coupon I had used earlier. That supplier wouldn't even be able to get it to me by Halloween.

I should've just ordered it from Wal-Mart in the first place. Thanks a lot NEWEGG!

Another unhappy customer to add to the list. Stick to Wal-Mart or Amazon!

Review about: Newegg Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lack of communication and my first experience was a disaster.

Comments

Hello,

When an order is placed with a Marketplace Seller, it can take 1-2 business days to process. Once the payment posts, then the seller has 3 business days to ship the item.

If the order does not get shipped, the system will automatically void the order.

We do not want an order waiting around for the seller to fulfill longer than this, as it holds up the customers funds even longer.

I can certainly understand your frustration though, when you are expecting something and then it fails to come to fruition.

Please send me an email to WeCare@Newegg.com with your account information if you have any further questions or concerns.

Vickie

Jamesc686
to Anonymous #1381851

That's not the issue. I had plenty of time to get it before Halloween so I ordered it.

Now I don't have time without paying A LOT more and there is still no guarantee it will be to me before Halloween. So the issue is, Why did it take a week for ANYONE to be able to tell the customer that it was not in stock. Especially when it is a season/time specific item like this.

If someone could have called or emailed me in a couple days I would have been okay to get another one in time. LACK OF COMMUNICATION!