3.2
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I have used Newegg for a number of years - both at my current company and the previous company I worked for so I am no stranger to buying items from Newegg, and have bought a considerable number of items. That being said - I guess I have been lucky in never needing to return an item, in this case a defective switch that was damaged.

The whole return experience has been needlessly horrid - especially for what should be a pro business company who supports its customers and ensures service and support in helping a business. I called right after receiving the defective item and requested a replacement - well they stated over the phone wait 1 or 2 days for an invoice - um what invoice I paid online with a credit card and its charged - you wait for whatever you need but you have my paid order so just process it. So... I wait five days after the call to newegg customer service and after going through establishing the item is indeed damaged - pictures and all sent by me the rep states wait 1 or 2 days for invoice - okay - now that is not cool, that is the same crap line I got 5 days ago over the phone - maybe you need to look into whatever this invoice situation is in Newegg but if my business did that we wouldn't have a customer left.

As it stands, we may not be much in the scheme of things but this situation has me considering what I do spend is it worth risking a project on an item I may have to deal with Newegg on if its defective or damaged? Not in the day of CDW, Tiger Direct, PC Mall, Amazon, heck even eBay has better return experience than Newegg. An item Newegg was out of stock recently, I ordered from amazon and it came defective, rare but it happens and they cross shipped the replacement - that was a sign I till now had ignored for future orders.

I recommend if you rely on Newegg for IT projects, move on as I feel I must at this point drop Newegg out as a vendor. I cannot play the wait 1 or 2 days then next rep says wait 1 or 2 days for invoice deal trying to get rma then days to ship back, then days for them to process and send a replacement.

Most times in IT, when you need it you need it yesterday. Looks like a project rescheduled for another weekend instead of this one, thanks Newegg!

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Prices and shipping speed.

I didn't like: Return experience thus far.

Comments

Hey there! I am deeply concerned to hear this and I would be happy to assist you.

Please send an email to Wecare@newegg.com. I do suggest referencing this post.

I am looking forward to hearing from you! Thank you, Nicholas [Newegg support]