Newegg - Item in box missing, refund claim rejected

8 of 93 Newegg reviews

I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls.But recently I ordered a Lenovo trackpoint bluetooth keyboard.

It was delivered (by NewEgg) in a box that should never have been used for shipping; the box was not sealed by tape or anything. Surprise, the keyboard slipped out or was stolen during delivery and somehow the flimsy cardboard edges were tucked back into the box when it was accepted by our admin. I ordered an almost identical USB version of the keyboard and that was properly shipped in a box within a shipping box. Lenovo denied my request for a claim for the missing merchandise despite the fact that their box was inadequate for shipping.

I tried calling them on their customer number, but we put on hold and I gave up after 30 minutes.They have lost a customer...

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • How hard it is to contact customer service

Reason of review:
Lenovo Compact Trackpoint Bluetooth Keyboard
Review category
Computers
review #943231 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Newegg? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
8 of 93 Newegg reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Newegg_Support

Oct 26 #1232372

Hello jim2101024,
We're sorry to hear that the keyboard was not in the package and that the box appeared to have been opened/tampered with. We'd like to see what options are available to help and ask that you send an email to wecare@newegg.com with your order number, any pictures you have of how the item was received (if possible), as well as reference to this post. We hope to hear from you soon!
-Rella (Newegg_Support)

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Newegg. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Newegg.
Filing a new complaint about
×