I ordered an ASUS GTX660ti graphics card from Newegg, after using it I became dissatisfied with it's performance. I returned the graphics card in working and in the same condition I received it in.
After they receive the card I get an email from newegg stating that they will not honor my return and refund because their inspections team found "apparent end-user caused physical damage dents cooler pipe."
What!? Are you kidding me!? I touched this card maybe TWO times. Once to take it out of the box and install it. Twice to uninstall it and repackage it in the same carton and packing that was used to ship it to me. The card as far as I knew was in MINT condition. I called Newegg customer service to complain and of course they are about useless. "We'll take a second look at it. Worse case scenario, you send it to the manufacturer for a replacement". Listen dude, I don't want a replacement, I want a REFUND.
If you're reading this google image search "ASUS GTX660ti" and take a look at the cooling pipes. They come twisted and bent looking by design.
If the product is in fact "dented" it was sent to me that way and I knew none the better. My suggestion to you newegg is have your inspections team inspect your product before you send it out also. Unreal. Thanks for nothing.
I uploaded a picture I took of the video card when I opened the box after receiving it. Only one angle but looks fine to me!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Asus Gtx660Ti
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I brought in my laptop because the screen had burn marks on it. So I brought it for repairs, said it would take about 3 weeks to fix. I was..."
- "Pre sales was great. The price quote of £75 seemed good and ups were there within a day.... After a few days i am told the laptop has been "diagnosed" and..."
- "I purchased ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EXTREME Motherboard and received a wrong item. same brand motherboard but different model. contacted customer service about this, emailed pictures of the item and..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "5RB Solicitors of 5 Raymond Buildings in London are dishonest and tell lies to the High Court. Thus they should be avoided and are not fit to practice law. Deceiving the judiciary..."