Newegg - Refuse refund on returned graphics card

78 of 93 Newegg reviews

I ordered an ASUS GTX660ti graphics card from Newegg, after using it I became dissatisfied with it's performance. I returned the graphics card in working and in the same condition I received it in.

After they receive the card I get an email from newegg stating that they will not honor my return and refund because their inspections team found "apparent end-user caused physical damage dents cooler pipe."

What!? Are you kidding me!? I touched this card maybe TWO times. Once to take it out of the box and install it. Twice to uninstall it and repackage it in the same carton and packing that was used to ship it to me. The card as far as I knew was in MINT condition. I called Newegg customer service to complain and of course they are about useless. "We'll take a second look at it. Worse case scenario, you send it to the manufacturer for a replacement". Listen dude, I don't want a replacement, I want a REFUND.

If you're reading this google image search "ASUS GTX660ti" and take a look at the cooling pipes. They come twisted and bent looking by design.

If the product is in fact "dented" it was sent to me that way and I knew none the better. My suggestion to you newegg is have your inspections team inspect your product before you send it out also. Unreal. Thanks for nothing.

I uploaded a picture I took of the video card when I opened the box after receiving it. Only one angle but looks fine to me!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
78 of 93 Newegg reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Newegg_Support

Aug 07, 2013 #695364

Dear Valued Customer,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with your return. We want you to know that we appreciate your relationship with Newegg. Please email us to wecare@newegg.com and we will do everything we can to resolve this to your satisfaction.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Newegg Support

0 3 Reply

Aug 07, 2013 #695361

Dear Valued Customer,

Best regards,

Newegg Support

0 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.