Usability

I tried to purchase a phone on the Newegg website today.The price on their website was clearly posted as $200.99 with free shipping.

When added to the shopping cart the price jumped to $229.99. I called and spoke with their rep named Maty S., we ended up speaking for over 51 mins with zero resolution for a $29 price issue on their part. She sent me an email requesting proof of that price, which I did and then she still wouldn't honor the price. She said that was a promotion that ended the day before, but it was still on their website today.

She claims she spoke with a supervisor named Marcelona who denied my request to honor their advertised price.

When i requested to speak directly with that supervisor I was put on hold repeatedly and they never took the time to speak with me.I am so frustrated that I am now considering seeing what legal remedies are out there for bait-and-switch.

Review about: Motorola Moto G5 Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with Newegg?

Comments

mo_user_1

I just sent the information to Ellia at Newegg as she requested. I will keep updating and hopefully will be able to mark this issue as resolved. Only 1.5 hours of my time spent (so far)...

Newegg_Support

Hi there, I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience regarding your price match. I reviewed the photos you have posted and I would love to look into this further for you. May I have you contact us at wecare@newegg.com with your account information just to get started?

Ellia